Flounder gigging lights are popular lights in flounder shows or marine species detection applications. Currently, there are various types of flounder gigging lights with different designs, features, and prices. This article will give recommendations about the best flounder gigging lights and tips for choosing this type of light.
Review the best flounder gigging lights
Along with the advantages of outstanding technology and features, the number of flounder gigging lights produced and supplied in the market has significantly increased. Each type of light will meet different demands, and choosing the right product is not easy for anyone. Nowadays, you don’t even need to go to the mall or electronics store to purchase these lights. All products are officially sold on e-commerce platforms (typically Amazon) with reasonable prices and genuine warranties. If you are interested in the flounder gigging lights product lines and their features, please continue to follow the article below. We will provide you with 7 popular lights that can cover almost all of your needs:
#1. EXZEIT Waterproof Led Boat Lights
Advantages of the product:
- Wide range of illumination: With OSRAM Led chips, this light is capable of illuminating a range of up to 120°. With this lighting range, you can have a wider and clearer view, thereby avoiding the risk of accidents when operating at night.
- High Durability: Constructed from premium aluminum alloy and featuring a stainless steel bracket, this light can withstand a wide range of weather and ambient conditions. You don’t have to worry about them getting rusty or frayed when used a lot in outdoor environments. The metal housing also helps this light to work well despite strong impacts.
- Wide application: With the advantage of being used in large spaces, this type is especially suitable for conferences, parties, large stages… With durable coating, this product can also be used in outdoor spaces without worrying about damage during use. In addition, it is also widely applied on vehicles: off-road, pickup, large displacement vehicles… and used at night.
- Top-quality: Made from high-grade aluminum, it offers a solid, durable grip and amazing heat dissipation. You do not need to worry about drops or breaks as this product is designed to be impact-resistant.
#2. Elmchee 6 LED Rechargeable headlamp
Advantages of the product:
- Hands-Free: a hands-free LED light is the perfect choice for you to be able to do things freely without worrying about being hindered. You can focus on studying, exploring, working… without holding this lamp all the time. They also don’t obstruct your vision.
- Convenience: With the feature of being portable, this product can be easily pocketed and taken anywhere. This product is also highly aesthetic.
- Diverse working modes: The most special thing about this lamp is that it is equipped with up to 8 working modes including high, low, strobe light adjustment… Therefore, they can meet perfectly for all your needs. They also combine the functions of many lights, so you don’t have to spend a lot of money buying different types of lights. With only this lamp, every need will be fulfilled.
- Powerful chip and long lifespan: With a battery of up to 1500 mAH, this type of best flounder gigging lights will provide brighter, more beautiful light and a stronger range of light than conventional lamps. Their lifespan is also amazing, up to 100,000 hours and more if you know how to use it properly. Just pay a fixed initial amount, you will own a lamp for a long time and do not need to change it.
- Durable and water-resistant: With a premium metal design, this light is great for outdoor use and can withstand all types of climates, including rain and snow. You don’t need to worry that the product quality will degrade if you use it a lot outdoors because this light is designed for outdoor activities such as climbing, racing, exploration, camping…
#3. Foxdott 8 LED Headlamp Flashlight
- Rechargeable headlight with hands-free function and battery. The hands-free design frees your hands, and the rechargeable design gives you a reliable hands-free LED headlight to illuminate your surroundings, giving you the freedom to work, read and explore whatever you want, anytime, anywhere.
- The headlamp consists of 8 LED bulbs and is powered by a 1500mAh rechargeable battery that provides higher brightness. It has 4 color modes: high, low, all, and SOS strobe, and the other 4 are low light auxiliary, red light, and SOS strobe.
- The headlight is right for you, whether it is mountain climbing, camping, caving, fishing, or other emergencies at night.
- The LED floodlight is IPX4 waterproof, which makes it waterproof. LED bulbs last so long that you don’t need to replace them.
#4. Lightingsky LED Submersible Fishing Light
Advantages of the product:
- Attraction: This type of light is designed to attract aquatic species to the location where the light is mounted. Each different type of lamp will have the task of attracting a certain audience. Specifically, squid is often attracted to blue, while white LEDs will work for fish.
- Durability: even though it is a specialized lamp for underwater use, it is still very durable. They rarely fail and do not experience deterioration in appearance.
- Safe for human health: With the right wavelength, this lamp produces a good effect and is harmless to the human body. Customers can rest assured when exposed to this lamp without worrying about any health-related risks.
- Easy to install: With the 360-degree adjustment mechanism, you can install this product easily in any area without worrying about possible technical problems.
#5. Linkstyle LED Submersible Fishing Light
Advantages of the product:
- Incredible illuminance: This luminaire is equipped with up to 120 LEDs, up to 10.5 W of brightness, and approx 1000 lumens. This type of lamp is also designed to rotate 360° to provide good illumination, beautiful light, and a wide illumination range.
- Multi-Use: You can use this light to attract different types of seafood crafters to your desired location. They also work well in small fishing environments and light nets. You won’t need to buy multiple lights for different types of seafood – which can cost your budget.
- Waterproof: Equipped with perfect waterproof glue, this lamp has an outstanding waterproof ability. Therefore, you will minimize incidents and damage during use, as well as take advantage of this lamp in the long run.
- Durable design: Made from high-quality aluminum, the lamp can dissipate heat effectively. Besides, this feature also helps to increase the life of the lamp and ensure safe use.
#6. Shangyuan Marine Boat Lights
Advantages of the product:
- Wide application: These lights are suitable for decorative purposes and can be used in many places: cockpit, boat center, step lights… They give a beautiful light and can help you relax.
- Easy to Install: This lamp is equipped with 2 connectors, negative and positive. In addition, the manufacturer will provide free accessories such as a set of screws and a foam base for easy installation without assistance.
- High quality: Made from high-grade aluminum, it offers a solid, durable grip and amazing heat dissipation. You also don’t need to worry about drops/breaks as this product is designed to be impact-resistant. So they also have a remarkably long lifespan.
#7. GLW 12V LED Flood Light Waterproof
Advantages of the product:
- Good illumination: Equipped with up to 6000K illumination during the day, this lamp will brighten up your living space.
- Weatherproof: Made of premium materials and with a high waterproof rating (up to IP65), this light is also widely used in outdoor spaces. You can use them for garden lighting, night parties, Clearwater, or lawns events… However, they don’t work well in water when connected to electricity.
- Energy-saving: This type of lamp can save energy much better than traditional lamps (eg halogen lamps). It also has a long lifespan, up to 50,000 hours.
- Durable & Safety: Equipped with high-grade aluminum heatsinks, this light will still work well in the event of a strong impact. With the right wavelength, this lamp produces a good effect and is harmless to the human body. Customers can rest assured when exposed to this lamp without worrying about health risks.
Tips to choose flounder lights for different water conditions
Choosing the right flounder gigging light will help optimize the customer experience and help you achieve greater efficiency. The flounder gigging lights on the market today are designed for use in certain water conditions.
Depending on the natural conditions of wind, tide, and silt on foot we may see clear water or sloppy water. Therefore, learning more about water conditions will help you find the type of lamp that best suits your needs.
However, in reality, the weather conditions can change suddenly without your expectation. This will probably destroy the schedules that you have set up earlier. To combat this, you need to choose the right color of lights so that they can work well in both clear and muddy water, thereby helping you see more fish.
Let’s have a look at the types of water:
- Clearwater will usually have no foreign objects or solids (mud, sand, gravel…) suspended in the water
- It appears when the tide is high
- In this type of water, bright-colored LEDs (white LEDs for example) will work best and provide the widest range of visibility.
#2. Muddy water
- Often there will be many foreign bodies or solids in the water
- It appears when the tide is low
- Occurs near mudflats or the nearshore areas…
- The warm white light will work better in this water compared to other types of light
#3. Changing water conditions
- Water conditions will be changed if there is an impact of the tides up and down, or a sudden change in weather (strong winds, storms, etc.)
- Swamp Eye Gigging Lights are the best fit in this situation. They have the ability to adjust the color tone flexibly, so you can see the fish easily even when the water conditions change.
Which flounder gigging lights do not spook fish?
The halibut is a relatively light-sensitive species. The biggest, mature floater will live in deeper waters. In case the lights are too bright, you can scare them off and swim away before you have a chance to spot them. To avoid this situation, you should adjust the light color to a suitable area without avoiding disturbing the fish.
Common types of flounder gigging lights
#1. High-Pressure Sodium (HPS) Flounder Gigging Lights
- High wattage will provide high illumination and a wider lighting range than conventional lamps
- This type of light requires a generator or AC power to work
- Due to their large size, they will be difficult to maintain, transport and repair
- Light bulbs are easily broken and tend to cause unpredicted accidents
- Suitable for use in muddy water
#2. Halogen Flounder Gigging Lights
- Despite their high power, they are not equipped with the ideal lumen per watt
- These lights are suitable for use in clear water with fewer impurities
- They are difficult to maintain and transport the products
#3. LED Flounder Gigging Lights
- These lights are equipped with ideal lumens per watt for operation
- They can run on a battery or generator
- They can be used in all water conditions
- They have ow weight and small size for easier maintenance and transportation process
- Durable and long lifespan
***Refer to more: Best handheld spotlight for boating: Top 7 Expert Picks 
4 Things to look for in the best flounder gigging lights
Not everyone knows how to choose the right flounder-gigging light for their needs. Many people have spent a lot of money to buy lights but then can’t use these lights. Therefore, choosing and understanding the types of lamps is extremely important. Many factors affect the quality of the product and the purchase decision of the customer. Here are four key factors that you should carefully consider:
#1. The brightness of the light
The flounder are difficult to spot in the marine environment due to their ability to hide in the sand. If you only look with the naked eye, it will be very difficult to detect their existence. A lamp with strong light and the ability to penetrate the water will help you a lot in finding and spotting flounders. Using high-brightness performance lights is one of the most important features, creating a surprising effect.
#2. Lights’ color tone
As we said before, water conditions can be changed without warning based on tides and other climatic conditions. If you are not well-prepared, there is a high chance that your trip will have to be canceled. A lamp with high illumination and the ability to change color flexibly depending on water conditions is the perfect choice for you.
A cool white light will work effectively in clear water in which has fewer impurities. However, if you need to observe flounder in muddy water, a warm white light would be a better choice. Besides, a swamp Eye Submersible brings superior quality in strongly changing water environments or environments with a combination of two water sources. Each type of light will only be suitable for a specific water mode, so you need to consider carefully in choosing the color of the light.
#3. The durability of the product
Designed for use in seawater, that means the lamp needs to meet the durability requirements. It would be terrible if you spend a lot of money to buy a lamp but they have problems with rust, failure, electrolysis … after only a few months of use. Therefore, before deciding to buy, you need to learn carefully about the product specifications and materials. Naturally, a lamp with high durability will come with a high price compared to the common ground. However, good lamp quality will optimize the user experience and help you avoid problems with safety, installation…
#4. Size of the product
Choosing the right lamp size depends on your taste, budget, and needs. However, a lamp that is too large and heavy will take up a lot of space, making it difficult to transport and install. They are also difficult to maintain and often have more technical problems. A recommended one is a light that is easy to install and move. They are not only aesthetically pleasing but also easy to use and maintain.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, of course. Currently, on the market, there are also many types of headlights provided for performing flounder. However, only floodlights with suitable color and water resistance can be used to observe flounders. However, in practice, the headlights will not provide as good lighting effects and attract fish as effectively as specialized LED types. Therefore, you need to carefully consider your needs before deciding which product to buy.
There is no exact lumen amount for flounder performance as they depend on many other lamp specifications, boat size, and your specific activity. However, you need a minimum lumen output of around 5,000 lumens (in case of wading) and a maximum lumen output of 4 times (in case of a boat show). Errors are acceptable, but, if the error is too large, it will make the performance less effective, even negatively affect your safety.
Currently, some people make their flounder lights to save money. All the tools you need are a LED chip, a waterproof silicone kit, a heat sink, screws, and a leveling base… Although it looks simple, if you choose poor-quality tools, your finished product will have many technical errors. Besides, it’s not cheap to make your flounder light, because it will cost you a large sum of money to buy the materials individually. Meanwhile, suppliers can import materials at a much more competitive price.
Another thing to keep in mind is the safety of the product. If you are not an expert or engineer, you can not guarantee the safety of the product. Even if they look neat, these lights still pose a potential fire hazard, circuit damage, or rust… It can even be life-threatening. Remember, creating a lamp product for use in the water environment is not easy. We recommend that you purchase a complete lamp from a reputable supplier for quality assurance and a better user experience.
No light color is perfect. As mentioned, which light color should be used depends on the water conditions. A cool white light will effectively work in clear water. Conversely, a warm white light would be a better choice in a muddy water environment. What about in the case of changes in the water environment? A swamp Eye Submersible with superior lighting can solve any problem. Remember, each type of light will only be suitable for a specific water mode, so you need to consider carefully in choosing the color of the light.
Above is the basic information about the types of flounder gigging lights as well as some effective tips in choosing the suitable type of light. Hope you can find the best flounder gigging lights for a better user experience.