Nowadays, black light is increasingly becoming popular due to its advantages in technology and usability. The market has a variety of black lights with different qualities and prices. Depending on the purpose of use and financial capacity, customers can choose to buy the right product for themselves. This article will provide basic information about black lights and the best black light for large area.
What is blacklight?
A black-light (also called backlight) is an ultraviolet light-specializing lamp. As a result, these lamps often show just little (or no) visible light rays. Although these lights cannot be seen by the naked eye, they can be used for many different purposes. Certain types of black light such as incandescent, laser, or special fluorescent lamps can be used in medicine and science. Specifically, people use this type of lamp to observe chemicals, disinfect, cure …or simply find small objects clinging on the surface of things.
There is no doubt that currently black light is one of the most popular products and can be found at any supermarket/store. However, because this is a special product, consumers should carefully consider the usages, features, and purposes of using this kind of bulb.
Standard black light bulbs for existing fixtures
#1. Incandescent bulbs
This is currently one of the most available products on the market.
- Low initial cost: Incandescent bulbs are among the cheapest on the market due to their average performance. You don’t have to spend a large sum of money to own it.
- Easy to Install: you can install Incandescent bulbs yourself without any help. This product is relatively suitable for households due to its simplicity and convenience.
- Availability: This product is available in the market in various sizes, colors, and designs to meet a wide range of customer needs.
- Energy inefficiency: Incandescent black light bulbs tend to emit blue light and are less reactive to fluorescence and particular colors (white light is an example). As a result, their performance will be significantly reduced and may negatively affect your intended use.
- Short lamp lifespan (about 1000 hours typically): This lifespan is much lower than that of other types of high-end lamps (e.g. 50,000 hours of LED light). This means you have to change the product often.
- High operating cost: low-quality products mean that you need to regularly maintain and change them. This will increase operating costs and some associated service fees.
- High risk of fire and explosion: Incandescent lamps are also potentially dangerous. If you are a person who uses incandescent lights overnight or for too long, quit this habit immediately.
#2. Fluorescent bulbs
Fluorescent light bulbs are a type of arc light. They are designed according to the operating principle of ultraviolet light exposure to the internal fluorescent coating.
Advantages of the product:
- With their relatively compact design and remarkable longevity, fluorescent lamps are considered a small step forward compared to other types of traditional incandescent bulbs.
- Thanks to technological improvement, modern fluorescent lamps can start up instantly and be ready for use in a very short time. This convenience will help optimize the user experience compared to traditional lamps on the market.
- These lights are also affordable and available anywhere with different styles and colors. So customers can easily buy and experience this product.
Disadvantages of the product:
- This type of lamp cannot provide a black and good light source as LED black light. Therefore, they are usually only suitable for use in families and small-scale factories for simple purposes. They are not suitable for use in medical, military, or scientific applications due to the limitation of performances.
- Need more voltage to operate in the long run. This can negatively affect the customer experience during use.
#3. LED bulbs
This is a relatively new device on the market, however, with the superiority in quality, this product promises to become the market leader.
Advantage of LED bulbs
- Incredible longevity (up to 50,000 hours) which is 5 5 times longer than fluorescent bulbs and many times more than traditional bulbs. That means, if you use this lamp continuously for 10 hours a day, its lifespan can still be up to 15 years. That’s way too long for the life cycle of a small piece of furniture and a testament to the quality of this product.
- Relatively low in mercury – can be safely used
- Requires little energy during operation. This will create opportunities for the owner to save on maintenance costs, as well as optimize the user experience. This type of lamp is especially suitable for large projects (for example factories, farms, schools ..)
- LED bulbs also include a variety of lights such as LED string lights, LED ceiling lights, decorative LEDs… Customers can choose LED products to meet their usage needs and financial capabilities.
Disadvantages of LED bulbs
- High price: LED bulbs have a higher price compared to the general level of black light. Therefore, if you want to equip this type of light for your home/company/factory…, you need to determine that you will have to spend a much higher initial cost. However, the high cost comes with good quality and a great experience.
- Temperature dependence: The quality of LEDs depends on quite a bit on the ambient temperature. Specifically, if the ambient temperature is too high, it will lead to overheating in the LED, if the condition occurs continuously there is a risk of explosion.
- Blue pollution: Because of its high color temperature, LEDs (especially white LEDs) can cause light pollution to the surrounding environment. Customers should avoid using this lamp in case the lamp is in contact with children, people with eye disease, or where high standard lighting is required.
***Refer to more: Top 7 Best Mood Lights For The Bedroom 2021 [Expert’s Choices]
Major blacklight types
#1. Stage light
Stage lighting is a specialized type of light for lighting stages, performance stages, broadcast television, music concerts, outdoor work… In general, this type of light is suitable for events held in large spaces, requires good light quality and high light coverage. Stage lighting operators are often referred to as lighting technicians.
Lighting is a key factor that directly determines the image of the event. A good and beautiful light will make the event shimmer and attractive, on the contrary, a dark light will destroy the atmosphere of the event. Therefore, the quality of light is always of particular interest in the selection of stage lights.
#2. Blacklight strips
Blacklight strips provide a different light from conventional and infrequently used lights, however, they can provide interesting user experiences. They are also widely applied in general, medical, agricultural, or recreational purposes. With soft wire texture, the black light strip can be easily moved and used in many different locations. Its luminous efficiency is also amazing, usable in both narrow and large spaces. You may consider choosing modern and high-quality black light strips (e.g. LED strips can) for a better user experience.
#3. UV-A Flashlight
A UV-A flashlight emits UV radiation – a type of invisible light energy. They cancancarriesForManystriplightdetect dirt, objects invisible to the naked eye, fluorescence, animal urine… thanks to a special UV-A light source. This lamp is designed as a compact, smart and portable flashlight, which ensures that it can be carried easily anywhere. Most of the UV-A flashlights available on the market today use LED technology to optimize the user experience.
Despite their compact design, they have amazing performance and durability due to being made from high-grade aluminum alloy. Because of that, their price is relatively higher than traditional lamps. But investing in this type of light is a smart investment because you can apply it for many purposes.
#4. Standard UV lights
Standard UV lights are also lamps that emit invisible UV light. They are also used in searching for small substances and objects, checking identification documents… However, until now, many people are still hesitant to buy this product due to concerns about health-related risks. However, it can be affirmed that this is a safe lamp for health and can be used in the long run.
7 Best black light for large area
Whether black lights can be used in large areas or not has always been a question for many people. In addition to the usual needs, customers want to use LED lights in large spaces such as outdoor parties, stages, concerts,… Here are 7 types of lights most suitable for outdoor lighting:
#1. Barrina T5 UV LED Blacklight Bar
Advantages of the product
- Wide Application: With the advantage of being used in large spaces, this type is especially suitable for conferences, parties, large stages… With durable coating, this product can also be used in outdoor spaces without worrying about any damage.
- Extendable Design: With a smart design with seamless connectors and plugs, this light can be used flexibly for many purposes without worrying about performance limitations.
- Easy to install: You don’t need to be a professional engineer to install this lamp. Anyone can manipulate it, but remember to follow electrical safety rules.
#2. Gohyo 27W LED UV Black Light Bar
Advantages of the product:
- High safety: With a UVA frequency of approximately 400nm, this lamp is relatively harmless to the human body. You do not need to worry about possible health risks if you use this product for a long time.
- Easy to install: With the 360-degree adjustment mechanism, you can install this product easily in any area without worrying about possible technical problems.
- Wide Application: With the advantage of being used in large spaces, this type is especially suitable for conferences, parties, large stages… With durable coating, this product can also be used in outdoor spaces without worrying about damage during use.
- Environmentally friendly: made of metal, with high durability, this product is considered to be quite environmentally friendly.
#3. Onforu 2 Pack 50W LED Black Light
Advantages of the product:
- Powerful Chip: Each lamp is equipped with up to 100 high-quality chips, ensuring an abundant light source. Therefore, this type of lamp can illuminate a wide area, suitable for large spaces such as outdoor parties, stages, large classrooms…
- Durable design: Made from high-quality aluminum, the lamp can dissipate heat effectively. Besides, this feature also helps to increase the life of the lamp and ensure safe use.
- Water resistance: The outstanding feature of this product is good water resistance, which can be used in rainy weather. That is why this product is trusted to use in outdoor events.
#4. OPPSK 27W 9 LED UV Black Light Bar
Advantages of the product:
- Good heat dissipation: made of high-grade aluminum alloy, this product can ensure amazing heat dissipation without the need for heatsink components (e.g. cooling fan). Besides, it also doesn’t make much noise and helps to optimize the customer experience.
- Safe for human health: With the right wavelength, this lamp produces a good fluorescent effect and is harmless to the human body. Customers can rest assured when exposed to this lamp without worrying about health risks.
- Easy to Install: With a flexible light bar and switch, anyone can install/remove this product easily without any help.
#5. Morpilot UV Handheld Black Light
Advantages of the product:
- High applicability: This lamp is suitable for basic needs such as detecting stains on clothes, identifying fluorescent substances… Every family should have a lamp to meet their usage needs. basic
- Top-quality: Made from high-grade aluminum, it offers a solid, durable grip and amazing heat dissipation. You also don’t need to worry about drops/breaks as this product is designed to be impact-resistant.
- Convenience: With the feature of being portable, this product can be easily pocketed and taken anywhere. This product is also highly aesthetic.
#6. Vansky UV Flashlight Black Light
Advantages of the product:
- High applicability: The product helps find small stains on the surface of clothes, sofas, carpets… that are hard to find with the naked eye. If you are a fan of cleanliness then this is probably the perfect product for you.
- High quality: With high-quality aluminum material and technological superiority, the product has a lifespan of up to 15 years. However, with proper use and regular maintenance, their lifespan can be much longer.
- Ultra-compact design: The product is easy to pocket and carries anywhere depending on your usage needs. No doubt if someone considers it as an inseparable object, especially those who love cleanliness.
#7. BRIONAC Black Light Flashlight
Advantages of the product:
- Provides the perfect light: This BRIONAC provides a wide and beautiful light suitable for all uses, from household needs to scientific needs.
- High applicability: Not only used for finding dirt on the surface of clothes, sofas…, this product is also used in authenticating personal documents such as identity cards, licenses. driver, health insurance card…
- Long lifespan: Each continuous use can be up to 100,000 hours thanks to high efficiency. However, for that performance, you need to keep them in a well-ventilated, dry place.
Why should I invest in a high-quality black light?
The market offers a variety of black light products with many different models, features, uses, and prices. Customers can choose products depending on their needs and financial capacity. However, remember to invest in a quality product because of the following factors:
A quality product will have a long lifespan. It can be used continuously for 50,000 hours to 100,000 hours depending on the light intensity and can be used for 10 to 15 years in case of regular maintenance. Although the initial cost is remarkable, investing in quality black lights is still the right investment.
A quality black light will be able to be used for many different purposes. Customers can use it for common purposes such as finding stains on the surface of clothes, sofas …, authenticating personal documents, or tracing animal urine. Customers can also apply for entertainment purposes such as stage lighting, outdoor parties… and even medical applications.
A quality product naturally comes with safety. If the product is made of cheap metals or unknown materials, it may explode during use or cause some skin diseases. These risks will disappear completely if you choose to buy a high-quality black light.
Water resistance and durability
Water and shock are always the main causes of lamp failure. With poor quality black lights, they can be destroyed easily if hit or used in the rain. However, high-end lamps will be able to withstand water and be used well in outdoor weather regardless of rain, or snow.
High-end black lights will be equipped with powerful chips, ensuring a strong and durable light supply. You do not have to worry about flashing lights, emitting no light, or flickering light.
Features to consider when buying black light
#1. Type of the bulb
The first element that should be considered carefully before deciding to buy black light is the type of bulb. Each type of lamp will have different characteristics and uses. There are 3 main types of lights, incandescent, fluorescence, and LED, each of which will provide a different user experience. You should consider carefully before buying because it will be a waste of money if you buy the wrong type of lamp.
#2. Size of the space
Classrooms, reading rooms, bedrooms… are small spaces and only require lamps with average illumination. However, if you are considering organizing outdoor parties or large events, lamps with long and powerful illumination are a perfect choice.
#3. Products’ lifespan
Longevity is one of the most important factors in product selection. Surely no one wants to spend money to buy a product that can only be used for a few months or a year. However, keep in mind that longevity is directly proportional to price, and you can only buy high-quality products if you pay the right price.
#4. Product Availability
Everyone wants a high-quality product, but if it’s too difficult to buy, you should consider other lamps. As more products are offered, you also have the opportunity to choose products with longer shelf life, more attractive accompanying services, and more choices in styles, colors…
#5. Warranty period
You cannot know if your product is defective, or if there is a problem during use. So look to buy products from suppliers with good warranties to ensure a good user experience.
Style is also a consideration when choosing the right black light product. Currently, suppliers also produce many types of black light with different designs and colors, meeting all the needs of users.
#7. Water resistance
For the product to work effectively outdoors, its water resistance needs to be up to standard. You should consider buying good water-resistant products for a better experience. Non-water products also often have longer durability and longevity than conventional products.
***Refer to more: Top 7 Best Wifi Landscape Lighting Controller [Best Choice]
How to use black light safely?
- Use protective equipment and keep appropriate distance during black light installation
- Do not touch the lamp while it is in use. The impact can cause burns, scratches, or more dangerous skin-related diseases. It’s always best to keep your distance or let the lamp cool for at least 30 minutes before touching it.
- Do not allow the ambient temperature to be too high. Ambient temperature too high can lead to fire and explosion, affecting the user’s life. If the ambient temperature exceeds the permissible limit, stop using the lamp and store it properly.
- Always have the shelf life noted on the product packaging. Be sure to read carefully or keep the packaging in case you need to find out information about the product. Also, never use the product for longer than the allotted time.
- Always keep the light in the box until the product is installed.
- Blacklight can catch fire, so don’t let flammable objects such as paper, gasoline, etc. stay close to the lamp.
- Choose a reputable supplier: this will help you minimize the risk of buying a poor-quality product, avoiding the risks associated with it. You also have to request replacement or repair without much cost.
- Avoid scratching the glass section: the lamp glass is fragile and fragile. You may cut your hand or crash if you touch this part. It is best to keep a safe distance from them.
- Do not overcook the lamp: Recommended methods of cooling are air or nitrogen gas flow, heat sink, or exhaust duct.
Frequently asked questions
No. In fact, blacklight is a safe and certified product. Good heat dissipation, high-quality metal materials, and superior technology help reduce all related risks, especially explosion and fire catching. However, you still need to pay attention to the requirements in installation and use, to prevent unpredictable accidents.
In theory, there is no obvious difference between UV light and black light. A black-light is an ultraviolet light-specializing lamp.
In reality, however, there are some certain differences. between UV light and black light. The most significant difference comes from the frequency, the wavelength, and the energy generated when the frequency changes. The material it is made of is also what causes the difference between these two types of light.
Yes. Blacklight can be created as a bug zapper, but that’s not true for all. Many farms have applied black light in detecting and killing harmful insects such as moths, mosquitoes, flies… If you need to use a strip light in attracting bugs, look for the type carefully. and buy the right type of lamp that suits your needs.
Anywhere you want. However, each type of light will be suitable for different locations. If you only need lighting in the bedroom, reading room…you just need to look for lamps with short light distance and medium intensity. If you want to organize an outdoor party, you can choose a lamp with more powerful applications.
There is no specific answer to this question. Whether you should use lights through the night does not largely depend on the type of light you are using. It’s not a good idea if you want to hang an incandescent all night long. But this is possible if you are using high-quality LEDs.
Above is the most basic information about black lights as well as the best black light for large area. We hope you will have more useful information to apply in choosing the best black light for your needs.