Equipped with articulated arms, architectural lights are a must in modern design. Because it still inspires designers, it represents a very popular decorative element to this day.
In this article, we will introduce you to this decorative light that is both useful and handy. Then we will give you some tips to choose the best architect desk lamp. Working space is where we have ideas and improve our creativity. Choosing a suitable lamp that has a good design, fulfills light, with intelligent functions is the first element to make a decision. Should you buy it?
What is an architect lamp?
Architectural lights can play several roles. First of all, it is a very practical desk lamp as its articulating arms allow it to illuminate a targeted area. For example, when you write, your sheet will be directly illuminated. Its ability to provide targeted light also makes this lamp ideal for hobbyists. Sewing, knitting, drawing, and many other activities require precise and efficient lighting.
The main advantage of this luminaire is the space-saving it brings. Fixed models do not create space. Unlike desk lamps, they do not reduce the workspace on the desk. In addition, their articulating arms will allow you to move the luminaire with ease. No matter where you fix the architectural light, its portability will make it work very efficiently.
Architect lights can also be placed on your bedside table. It will allow you to read at night before going to bed. Only your pages are illuminated to maintain a cozy atmosphere in the room. This light will allow you to relax before going to bed. In addition, it will not cause inconvenience to your partner.
Another role of architectural lights is to decorate your interior. By browsing our selection of the best templates, you’ll find that designers compete for originality to come up with designs that are more appealing and atypical than ever. With such an offer, all palates will be satisfied!
Why do you need the best architect desk lamp?
In addition to affecting your eyes, light also affects your brain. This is explained by the fact that our retinas convert received light into images on the one hand, and the other hand because they also transmit variations of light to the pineal gland of the brain.
However, high or weak light input affects the pineal gland, which in turn affects the Light indeed allowing melatonin to have lighter secretion. Melatonin is needed to maintain alertness or, conversely, to induce sleep.
During the day, melatonin secretion is inhibited by bright light, allowing individuals to concentrate. When it gets dark, the light turns yellow and dark, and melatonin secretion increases, which signals the body that it’s time to go to sleep.
***Refer to more: Best desk lamp with wireless charging: Top 6 Expert Picks 2022
8 Best architect desk lamp
Are you wondering what kind of table lamp to buy for your children, work,…? Also do not know which type of lamp is good? Then follow the article below to choose for yourself a lamp that is right for your needs.
#1. JUKSTG Eye-Caring Desk Lamp
- 4 lighting modes and 7 brightness levels: The 36pcs LED desk lamp comes with sensitive touch control to adjust 7 brightness and 4 lighting modes, best for your sleeping, studying, reading, or relaxing needs.
- Flexible to adjust to many angles: Rotate the adjustable lamp arm up to 180° as the picture shows or rotate the base 90° for the best light, allowing you to adjust the led easily and direct the light wherever you want.
- Convenient USB charging: The desk lamp is equipped with a USB charging port. Recharge your devices via the USB output keeping phones, tablets, kindle readers, and other electronics within arm’s reach while charging.
- Dynamic lights off for 1 hour: Automatically turn off lights to save electricity bills when you fall asleep while studying or working at night.
- Eyecare: Enjoy an even, soft, and flicker-free light beam. Effectively reduces eye fatigue to protect your eyes even after hours of use.
#2. JOLY JOY Swing Arm Architect LED Desk Lamp
- Table lamp with long arm: The flexible swivel arm and swivel ball (3-point adjustable) are easily positioned for focused, directional lighting. The generous long reach easily illuminates the entire surface of your desk, screens, and other objects.
- Eyecare, adjustable light: Flicker-free uniform light that prevents shadows. Memory function and stepless dimming and adjustable color temperature make it ideal for every occasion: reading, working, gaming, drawing, hobbies, crafts…. One-click to switch to eye care reading mode.
- Distance saving clamp: The built-in clamp easily fits into any studio with vertical or horizontal countertops and surfaces. The compact clamp and slim light with hidden cables allow you to have the most space-saving countertop.
- Energy saving: The lamp with 98 high-efficiency LEDs consumes 80% less energy than conventional bulbs and lasts 50,000 hours without replacement. This means much lower electricity bills and fewer carbon emissions.
#3. AmazLit Eye-Care Swing Arm Architect Desk Lamp
Stepless dimming and adjustable color temperature Modern architectural light with memo & timer function for study, work, home, office, 10W modern design
- Eyecare, step-less dimming, adjustable color temperature: The very long rotating lamp head provides consistent brightness and a variety of color options. Flicker-free and glare-free lighting covers your entire desk area. Stepless dimming and adjustable color temperature. Ideal for any occasion: reading, working, thinking, relaxing, drawing, knitting…
- Timer function: Built-in automatic delay-off function in the table lamp. It can be set to 10 or 40 minutes before sleep, after which it will automatically turn off.
- Extra-wide metal clip, flexible long swing arm: The extra-wide metal clip comes with a silicone gasket. Firmly clamps and holds the swingarm light in place, leaving no scratches, saving space. With a flexible three-axis design, freely adjustable angles, and multiple positions, you can adjust the light direction to your individual needs.
- Memory function, energy-saving, and wall switch compatible: Architectural lights also support power-off memory. The light will return to your last setting the next time you turn it on. 98 highly efficient LEDs consume 80% less energy than conventional incandescent bulbs and have a lifespan of 50,000 hours. Compatible with wall switches and smart plugs. Lights will turn on/off instantly when you control the light via a wall switch or smart plug.
#4. ENOCH 14W Eye-Caring Metal Swing Arm Desk Lamp
3 modes, 30 brightness Dimmable desk lamp with memory function / USB adapter, Architectural desk lamp for home office
- USB Power Supply and Wide Use: The LED desk lamp comes with a dedicated USB charging cable. The length of the power cord is large, can be charged anywhere, compatible with a variety of computer USB ports, laptops, mobile power supplies. Suitable for reading, studying, working, sewing, handicrafts, nail art, art lighting…
- Wireless and high power dimmer: The table lamp is designed with 3 color temperature modes and 10 brightness levels which are warm light, warm white light, and white light. This clip-on turntable lamp provides up to 14W of power, high brightness, and low energy consumption, which is more energy-efficient than incandescent. Lampshade of clamp lamp is made of quality aluminum material, for better heat dissipation, lifespan up to 50,000 hours.
- Eyecare: The light of the clamp lamp is very even and soft, with no flicker, no glare, no shadow, effectively blocking the harmful effects of blue light, taking care of the delicate retina of the child.
- Monitor and Remember Functions: The ENOCH desk lamp is expertly designed and made from 80 high-quality lamp beads in an elegant layout. The table lamp also has a memory function, it will automatically restore your last mode when you use it next time. Allows you to use it easily.
- Rotate flexibly and save space: Equipped with a silicone pad to prevent scratching the table, using a three-axis design, the metal swivel arm is adjustable and extended. The base and panel can be rotated 360° for omnidirectional illumination. This foldable clip light is easy to carry and saves space.
#5. SHINE HAI Flexible Gooseneck Architect Lamp
- Wide metal clip and 360° flexible long arm: This clamp light has a stable metal clip that supports the tabletop and holds the swing light in place. With 360° flexible long swing arm design, freely adjustable angles, and multiple positions.
- Touch control design, 5 levels brightness: With flexible touch function, just touch the lamp body and change the brightness to 5 different levels, fully meet your lighting needs and choose your lighting mode. With its responsive touch function, this desk lamp is easy to operate for people of all ages.
- Color temperature adjustable: There are 5 different color temperatures from warm light to cool light. You can easily change the color by touching the color button on the black lamp body. Note that when you long touch the power switch, the LED will flash and then turn off after a minute.
- Energy-saving eye care: Used the most advanced 60 LED chips and high-quality surface illumination source design, and can make the light softer and natural, without shadow and glare, can prevent eye strain when you are reading or work a long time.
#6. YOUKOYI Flexible Gooseneck Architect Desk Lamp
- Long swivel arm table lamp, flexible gooseneck, and 360° rotatable base: A flexible table lamp adjusts light angle, spacious and easy to illuminate every corner to satisfy your needs.
- Touch control design and dimmable: The clamp lamp with a useful touch function is easy to operate, just double click the switch to adjust 3 different color temperatures. Long press on stepless dimming mode can let you easily adjust the brightness level to achieve perfect lighting.
- Distance-saving clamp, easy to install: Sturdy metal clip, space-saving, convenient to attach to desks, desks. for reading, office, art workshop….
- Eye Care Light: Equipped with 90 high-quality LED chips and the latest surface illumination source, close to daylight, emitting soft light, no glare or flicker.
- Energy-saving LED desk lamp: LED bulbs save up to 90% energy compared to traditional bulbs, emit less heat, and have an extremely long life.
#7.MXMOO LED Desk Lamp with Clamp
- Eyecare: Different from other similar table lamps, the lamp is improved compared to the original by adding 1W, making the light brighter. With 3 different color light modes and 10 brightness levels. Included: Cold white light, Warm white light, Warm light.
- Folding Design: The long table lamp swivels flexibly and has a swivel shape with three adjustment points, allowing you to change the angle of the light. Ideal for any occasion, such as crafts, hobbies, drawing, gaming, working and reading, and in other activities.
- Energy-saving, environmentally friendly: As an eco-friendly LED, it consumes 80% less power than conventional bulbs, durable as it can last for 50,000 hours without you having to replace it. Thus you can reduce your carbon footprint as well as reduce your electricity bill.
#8. ibaye Adjustable Metal Swing Arm Desk Lamp
- 3 color modes and 10 luminosity: The Ibaye LED desk lamp with clip offers 3 color modes: warm light, warm white light, and cool light. Each lighting mode has 10 dimming levels. Ideal for reading, studying, relaxing, working, thinking, relaxing, drawing, knitting, sewing, hobbies, handicrafts, crafts, etc.
- Flexible adjustment: Extra-wide metal clip with durable and scratch-free silicone pad. It supports desktops up to 2 inches and holds the light firmly. Precisely adjustable angles to save space. With flexible three-axis design, provide you with more flexible lighting and a larger lighting area.
- Protect eyes: No glare, no flicker, no ghosting. Restore your last settings when you use them next time
- Environmental friendliness: LED desktop lights consume 80% less power than traditional incandescent, low voltage, and current requirements, low heat, save money and cost-effectively reduce your electricity bill.
Important factors to consider when choosing the best architect desk lamp
#1. Dimension & Design
Architectural lights offer models on a base or equipped with a clip-on attachment. In terms of space-saving, clamp-on lamps have the upper hand. You can attach them anywhere.
If you choose an architect’s lamp to claim, you will benefit from a base that can be engineered with metal. Heavy, it will ensure the good stability of the luminaire. On the other hand, if you want to save space on your desk, choose a clamp attachment system. Fix it on the edge or on a shelf in your office to benefit from targeted lighting for your work without sacrificing available space.
Specifically, this attachment system is the origin of the name given to this lamp. Indeed, the light source on an articulated arm is ideal for illuminating paper plans drawn up by architects.
#2. Brightness& Lighting modes
Today, the most efficient and economical technology is LED lighting. Therefore, this is the type of ball that you should favor for your architectural lights. Usually, it is the E27 type socket that you will find on these luminaires. Since bulbs that are compatible with this socket type are the most common, you should have no trouble finding one.
Also, be aware that some architectural lights have built-in LEDs. These are not replaceable. With their lifespan in the tens of thousands of hours, you’ll benefit from efficient and economical lighting throughout the lamp’s lifespan.
Regarding the color of the light, the neutral white LED is preferred for the workspace. Indeed, it is the kind of light that offers the best colors and optimal clarity. Therefore, between 3,200 and 5,000 K, your led bulbs will provide you with the ideal light to work with.
Thanks to led technology, lighting is not the only function provided by architectural lights. Some built-in led bulbs will allow you to change the intensity and/or temperature of the light. Therefore, you will adjust the light according to your needs. Finally, your architectural lights are equipped with dimmable led bulbs that will give you optimal working conditions while also meeting other lighting needs.
The more portable your light is, the more functions it has. Indeed, all models do not have the same number of match points. I recommend choosing the one that has the most. Therefore, you can freely adjust the position of the lamp to illuminate the targeted area.
#4. Life span
The lifespan of the architect desk lamp is 50,000 hours, assuming it works 8 hours a day, which equates to 14 years of use. LED light sources do not produce ultraviolet (UV) or infrared (IR) rays, so they do not cause skin irritation or heat generation.
#5. Energy Consumption
On maximum current gadgets, there is mostly a label at the returned or backside of the equipment that offers you a breakdown of the boundaries of the mechanism which includes wattage. If, however, you’re handling an older lamp, simply err at the aspect of warning and move for the bottom wattage mild bulb that suits into the socket.
So, you study the label and also you see more than a few wattage compatibilities and you watched that exceptional however what’s the most secure wattage for me to apply on this table lamp? Three elements contribute to this answer: how a lot of warmth goes to receive off through the mild bulb; how a lot of warmth can your lamp’s wiring take; and is it an open/or closed lamp design. Here are some suggestions which can assist you to decide on how watts your table lamp uses.
- If it’s far from an open layout, you could use a mild bulb that generates numerous heat. Lamps that use this layout won’t include a max wattage rating
- If it’s far a closed or recessed layout, you can discover that lamps with this product may have a decrease max wattage than the others
- On more recent mild bulbs, ensure now no longer to pay an awful lot of interest to matters like “45- watt equivalent”; the extra essential factor to examine is the strength utilized by the mild bulb and the warmth produced
***Refer to more: Best desk lamp for painting miniatures: Top 6 Expert Picks 2022
Tips to choose the most suitable architect desk lamp for you
#1. Set budget
An architect desk lamp will have a price range from 20 up to 40 USD. A reasonable amount for an architect desk lamp.
#2. Consider price
When buying any product, the price factor is the first thing that determines whether your product is fully functional or not. Because the more functions, of course, the price will be higher and vice versa. With a low-priced product, it may be missing a few extra or important functions such as adjusting the light. As for the higher-priced product lines, they will be integrated with many important functions to support functions.
Therefore, when buying a product, you need to pay attention to the budget and consider the reasonable cost to buy yourself a product that fits your criteria.
#3. Choose brand
The variety of brands on the market might make you have a hard time deciding what to take. We recommend you check out 8 brands that we have reviewed at the beginning of the article.
#4. Refer reviews
- Shine Hai Store LED Desk Lamp with Clamp
- Ibaye Adjustable Metal Swing Arm Desk Lamp
- YOUKOYI desk lamp with clamp
- Flexible Gooseneck Architect Lamp
- ENOCH 14W Eye-Caring Metal Swing Arm
- Amazlit Desk Lamp
- Joly Joy LED desk lamp
- JuckSTG LED desk Lamp
Frequently Asked Questions:
Are desk lamps good for the eyes?
Now let’s talk about the harmful effects of LED lights on our eyes. Light indeed allows the eye to see books and objects. However, bad light can be harmful to our eyes.
What do we mean by “bad lighting”? The blue light and flicker are two big problems nowadays. These phenomena can easily lead to retinopathy if your retina is exposed to strong blue wavelengths for a long time. Called the “blue light hazard,” it’s a topic we hear a lot about. The flicker can also affect your eyes. When the alternating between light and dark is too frequent, it means that the light is flickering. This phenomenon is called “flashing light”.
Some doctors suggest that, although not visible due to its high frequency, blinking can cause eye muscles to contract rapidly, which can cause visual or overall discomfort.
How many lumens should a desk lamp have?
For standard purposes, forty watts is enough. It is equal to 450 lumens as said above. For greater sensitive tasks, 60 to 75 watts are sufficient. How many lumens you need depends on the tasks that you will be doing–the more demanding, the lighter you will need.
Where should you place your desk lamp?
The light-emitting part of the lamp should not be placed horizontally with the face causing glare, so it should be tilted 80-90 degrees from the table surface. Place the light at the right height, neither too high nor too close, it will cause glare.
How can I make my desk light better?
- Give priority to natural lighting
- Ensure a sufficient level of illumination
- Avoid glare and annoying radiation
- Ensure proper maintenance of facilities
- Ensure good uniformity of lighting
Is 400 lumens bright enough for a desk lamp?
Sure – there had been unique lighting which includes halogen – and extra business lighting like fluorescent – however, anyone understood the brightness of a 60-watt lamp. A lumen measures the quantity of mild that comes from a bulb. It refers to a mild bulb’s brightness, depth of mild, and seen mild emitted. A well-known 40-watt (40W) bulb is the same as 400+ lumens. Typically, the better the wattage, the better the lumens, and the extra mild output.
The best architect desk lamps allow you to vary the choice of lights, which you can use day or night and in different circumstances. An LED desk lamp that meets international standards relieves the eye and greatly improves the efficiency of work as well as reading. Hopefully, thís article will give you the information for your architect lamp selection.