LED or light-emitting diode technology has a very bright future in lighting, particularly in the horticultural world. However, it is still a relatively recent technology that continues to progress, and the costs of which are steadily declining.
If they were only used for growth a short time ago, we want to introduce the best 2×4 led grow light. This is more and more used to promote the flowering of plants and therefore their fruiting.
What is LED grow light?
Without knowing what LED photosynthesis is, you can’t make any idea how to use it. LED grow lights are mass-produced devices that simulate the Sun and provide the best artificial light source for plants to photosynthesize.
Major types of LED grow light
#1. LED grow light panel
There are panels of the square, rectangular or triangular shapes. Their ease of installation and versatility in use make them the most common model in horticultural lighting in a private home. There are generally offered with predefined color distribution according to the advertised use.
LEDs grow light panels in private use. The panel is a fairly widespread type of horticultural lighting because it combines several advantages, such as reasonable power, a large cover surface, and ease of installation, which makes it a fairly versatile piece of equipment.
They are made up of several dozen LEDs for the smallest model, up to several hundred for the largest. Their construction is quite compact, with a power supply and cooling system integrated into the same box as the led.
There are panels in the shape of a square, rectangle, or triangle, but the most common and the most practical shape is the rectangle, which is often more suitable for an area containing plants.
To install a panel, once unpacked, all you have to do is hang it above the plants using the fixing system provided, then plug it directly into the main socket.
#2. LED grow light bar
LED mild bars are one of the pinnacle alternatives for indoor growers because of their software and insurance. Whereas furnishings may be cumbersome and hard to match into tight spaces, mild bars are typically longer and greater slim overall. This approach that they match notably into high-density manufacturing centers like maximum vertical farmers are using, and the elevated duration of the bar makes insurance greater workable and dispersed. In this post, you will find out about six exceptional forms of LED mild bars, their numerous capabilities, and benefits, and a number of the troubles mild bars can give to farmers.
#3. LED grow light bulb
- Energy-saving, high efficiency.
- Lamp life is over 30000 hours.
- The lamp emits less heat while illuminating.
- The lamp emits a high amount of photons to help plants have a high photosynthetic yield.
- The lamp has a specialized light spectrum to help stimulate flower growth
6 best 2×4 LED grow lights
#1. King plus UL600 LED Grow Light
- UL600 LED Grow Lights make use of the ultra-modern in excessive yielding SMD LEDs generation today, And undertake the layout of medical highlight cover, Gather 100% mild, promises effective mild output and uniform cover penetration to ensuing most better yields. Only consumes 80w, But it can grow mild depth with the aid of using 30% & the yields
- High Quality & Longer Lifespan
- Contain white, blue, purple, and IR (3000K, 5000K, 660nm, and IR 760nm),3000K offering greater reddish mild and the 5000K offering greater blueish. The 660nm purple and IR mild is mainly beneficial throughout bloom, wherein it accelerates flowering time and raises yields & crop quality, Veg footprint is three x three ft, Flowering footprint is two x 2 ft.
- Professional LED grow system layout will make your developing lifestyles clean and quiet, fast warmth dispersing fabric aluminum decreasing mild misplaced to aisles and walls, growth the mild depth as much as 30%, permitting your flora to get hold of extra energy, Built-in huge regions of stable aluminum warmth sinks, critical for warmth dissipation even as making the sure lengthy lifespan of the mild.
#2. Spider Farmer SF-2000 LED Grow Light
- The lamp uses the latest in high-performance LED technology – Samsung LM301B diodes, Highly energy-efficient with 2.7 umol/J, delivering strong light output and uniformity throughout for high power conversion more than max. Enjoy only 200w, run 50% less power with HPS or SMD LED or other Blurple. The vegetable cover is 3 x 4 ft, Flower coverage is 2 x 4 ft.
- Upgraded SF series grow lights with dimmer knob and light switch. A single lamp can be adjusted to arbitrary light intensity. Multi-light connectivity with unified dimming is especially beneficial for large areas of indoor and commercial planting.
- Excellent full-spectrum – white, blue, red, and infrared (3000K, 5000K, 660nm, and IR 760 nm). 3000K diodes provide more red light and 5000K provide more blue light. The 660nm red and infrared light is particularly useful during the blooming process, where it speeds up flowering time and increases yield. Turn your seeds into your supply. And the light looks pretty natural, so it’s great for accurately monitoring plant health.
- No fan noise. High safety performance means a good driver, Good waterproofing. Update aluminum panel is thick and solid, does not generate too much heat, high-quality protective cover for cables; User-friendly packaging. Quality components mean the light lasts longer, but they also save you money.
#3. Spider Farmer SF-1000 LED Grow Light
- SF LED grow light uses the latest high-efficiency LED technology. Samsung LM301B diode with a high energy efficiency of 2.5 μmol / J, provides strong luminous flux and uniform penetration for higher peak output. HPS or SMD LED or other Blurple. The plant footprint is 3 x 3 feet and the bloom footprint is 2 x 2 feet.
- Upgraded SF series plant growing light with dimmer and light switch. A single light can freely adjust the light intensity. The twilight connection with uniform dimming is especially useful for large indoor and commercial growing areas.
- Excellent full-spectrum white, blue, red, and infrared (3000K, 5000K, 660nm, and IR 760 nm). 3000K gives more red light and 5000K gives more blue light. Infrared light and 660 nm infrared light is especially beneficial during flowering when it promotes flowering. evenly over the entire surface and deep into the roots and bottom of the canopy for even the highest quality flowers.
#4. Barrina T5 Grow Lights
- Full-spectrum – Barrina T5 develops lighting fixtures 2ft offer indoor flowers with full-spectrum daylight replacement. We offer the maximum affordable develop mild wave primarily based totally on the ratio of the absorption of the plant
- Super bright and high PPFD- Consuming the handiest 40W with two hundred LEDs totally, updating 250w well-known plant lights. Over 95% mild electricity may be absorbed through flowers. It is a superb choice for flowers that during the seedling, vegetative and flowering cycle
- Separately controllable – each developed lighting fixtures have an on-off turn on the floor of housing, controlling the lighting fixtures one after the other or collectively in accordance PPFD that flora need
#5. Mard Hydro TSL 2000W Led Grow Light
- Upgrade commercial LED grow light: smooth dimming & daisy chain function, up to fifteen multi-lighting connected, handy primary mild controlled; 2 vehicle mobile sensing electricity deliver works on each 120VAC and 240VAC and 277VAC, match for Large Rooms and Commercial Setups
- Energy-saving high-efficiency lamp for operation: Practical power of the only 300W with LEDs from 684 pcs, more scientific and energy saving! Ideal for 3 x 5ft flowering stage, 2 x 4ft flowering stage, increased intensity it grows tents, reflective or overlapping areas using multiple TS2000s
- Sunlight full spectrum LED grow light: Infinite close to natural sunlight, suit for all plants whole stages indoor growing, rapid plant response from seed to flower, achieve maximum quality and quantity, much better than traditional HPS grow systems
#6. Bloom Plus Grow Light BP1000
Why do we recommend Bloom Plus grow lights BP1000 as an option for your 2x4ft grow tent? Its grow light from Hydroplanet represents a good 2×4 grow tent option for several reasons:
- Full-spectrum LED grow lights can provide everything plants need in natural light at all stages. The bright blue light makes the plants grow faster, and the IR light is especially beneficial during flowering, it can speed up flowering time and increase yields, fill flowers and get amazing yields. This can not only reduce shoots but also increase yields while saving energy and costs.
- Cold performance and reliable fanless design give you peace of mind. Using a high-quality Samsung LED chip and reliable driver, the light is also made of an LED panel that is passively cooled by a thick, large-area aluminum heat sink. Fast heat dissipation aluminum material reduces light loss in corridors and walls, increases light intensity by 20%, giving your plants more energy without burning them, providing maximum space.
What makes the best grow light?
To help you choose from the wide variety of shapes, sizes, wattages, prices, and more. that can be found on the Internet, let’s see what are the really important criteria to take into account before buying.
- The price will depend mainly on the quality of manufacture, but also on certain options which can bring a real advantage to the use.
- For the panels, some models offer fans associated with aluminum heatsinks or the possibility of chaining several panels in the same installation.
- For lamps, the options that can influence the price are the number of heads, switches, and the ability to vary the lighting intensity.
- For bulbs, it is mainly the quality of the heatsinks that can make the difference.
- Be careful to adapt the power of your installation to your needs. Indeed, it will be very different for a small bonsai or a palm tree over a meter high.
- An important selection criterion is also the warranty period for the equipment. The longer it is, the more confidence the manufacturer has in the origin of the parts and their manufacturing and testing process.
#1. The light flux supplied by LED
You should know that not all plants have identical needs and tolerance levels in terms of light flux.
This is because each species has a maximum value of light that it can absorb before taking damage. Unfortunately, this value is difficult to know and it will be necessary to base yourselves on studies and research carried out according to the different types of plants on this subject.
To have an estimate of the exposure required for each plant, you can go to the Conservation Nature site and in particular to their plant encyclopedia to find out about the different needs of plants (sun / partial shade/shade).
#2. The light spectrum emitted by the lamp
The concept of the light spectrum is very important in the choice of horticultural LEDs. These are the set of wavelengths that are emitted by a source of light, be it the sun or artificial light. The part of the light spectrum visible to our eye extends from 400 nm to 700 nm. Below 400 nm, we speak of ultra-violet and beyond 700 nm, it is infrared.
When all the wavelengths are united in the same luminous flux, the light appears white to us, but if we separate them they are then perceived by our eye as distinct colors. This is what happens when sunlight is diffracted by water drops and we see it as a rainbow.
#3. Power supply
The peculiarity of LEDs is that they cannot work directly on the household electrical network at 230 volts.
In the case of horticultural LED panels, it is preferable to take a model with the remote power supply, rather than integrated, to prevent the heat generated by it from accumulating with that of the LEDs.
#4. The cooling system
The heat is extremely important in the field of lighting it with horticultural vocation or not.
Even though LEDs produce less heat than other technologies, this heat is not negligible and must be taken into account. For panels of a certain power, it is imperative to dissipate the heat to guarantee the life of the lamps, but also in the case which interests us, to avoid temperature increases detrimental to the plants.
There are two cooling techniques: active dissipation and passive dissipation.
- Active dissipation
The active dissipation is based on fans that extract hot air around the lamps so that it is replaced by cooler air. This principle is simple and proven because it is used in many everyday devices.
- Passive dissipation
The passive dissipation as the name suggests is not based on any moving part, but on the presence of a piece of metal put in direct contact with the heat source (that is to say, the lamps). Metal has the physical property of dissipating heat in the surrounding air, thereby cooling lamps.
#5. Noise problems
In addition, a poor quality lighting device can in some cases produce annoying hissing or noise.
In conclusion, it can be said that the lower the quality of the lighting device, its components, and its manufacture, the higher the risk of noise pollution.
#6. Sealing of the lighting system
Certain types of plants require fairly high humidity and temperature (carnivorous plants for example). It is therefore strongly recommended to choose lighting equipment that can function and above all withstand these conditions of use.
***Refer to more: Growing Plants With A Desk Lamp – A Scientific And Effective Method
How can you rate the quality of Led grow light?
#1. The Efficiency
The lighting of LED grow light needs to be equivalent to the lighting emitted by the Sun. These light sources not only allow plants to grow through photosynthesis but also activate fruiting or flowering thanks to the time of light, Photosynthesis. Without light, plants will quickly weaken (yellow leaves) and die. This process converts atmospheric carbon dioxide and water into carbohydrates (sugars). Chlorophyll is a pigment that absorbs the red and blue components of light and gives leaves their green color.
Light is essential to the success of your hydroponic system or soil.
#2. The Intensity
To enhance the intensity of horticultural lighting, reflectors are perfect. Some bulbs will need ballast like HPS and MH bulbs.
Maybe you want to get straight to the point, in this case, Culture Indoor offers you pre-designed interior luminaires to adapt to any surface. Find kits CFL or kits HPS / MH our
How Should We Measure LED Grow Light? Light intensity or intensity can be measured by the total wattage of LED grow lights. The higher the power, the brighter the light. Another measure is lighting the plants with lamps. Another measure is the photosynthetic active radiation (PAR) of plant growth lamps, which measures the efficiency of plant growth lamps by plant photosynthesis.
The PAR value was measured as the photosynthetic photon flux density (PPFD) µmol / m2 / s in micromoles per square meter per second. PPFD measures the amount of PAR light (photons) reaching the surface of the plant per second. The effective PAR must be above 500 μmol / m2 / s to be effective for plant photosynthesis.
G8LED grow lamps have a high PAR of 600-1700 μmol / m2 / s, which means they are very efficient in growing plants. G8LED lamps maximize the energy consumed by the light to provide maximum power output. Grow healthier, intensely flowering plants with more trichomes. G8LED lamps allow you to grow plants with great taste, aroma, and power.
#3. The Range
Your choice of LED garden lights will depend on the surface you want to illuminate. The light coverage of LEDs is determined by their lens angle which varies from 20° to 160°. The larger this angle, the larger the coverage area of the lamp. On the other hand, the photon flux and hence the illumination intensity will decrease accordingly, as it is distributed over a larger area.
Wide lens lights can be very useful for seedlings or young shoots, as they can be placed closer to them and at the same time provide a little extra heat to them.
It is usually advisable to illuminate an area larger than that covered by vegetation to avoid losses to the sides, but this then leads to unnecessary heat consumption and production. So, if possible, calculate the exact size of your area and choose the lights that best suit your needs.
#4. The ratio of different wavelengths/colors of light
The concept of the light spectrum is very important in the selection of LED garden lights. This is the set of wavelengths are emitted by a light source, be it the sun or artificial light. The part of the light spectrum that our eyes can see ranges from 400 nm to 700 nm. Below 400 nm, we mean ultraviolet, and beyond 700 nm, it is infrared.
During the development stage of our flora maximum use of light “blue”, a wavelength from 400 nm spectrum to 500 nm.
By providing enough green light to plants during this time, you may find that they have more leaves, stronger roots, and shorter internodes than unexposed specimens. This is because the plant does not need to stretch these stems to get as much light as possible.
During the blooming stage, they mainly use red light. The wavelengths of the spectrum are from 620 nm to 780 nm.
To make these different colors, there are usually 4 types of LED grow lights on the market:
- LED grow lights (mostly blue)
- Flowered LEDs (mostly red)
- Mixed LEDs (with predefined blue and red distribution)
- Customizable LEDs (allows you to choose colors)
In fact, the majority of commercial horticultural LED panels or lights contain a mixture of colors with a ratio of about 80% red and 20% blue. This is the best compromise because it will fit all situations while avoiding unduly high costs.
It is possible to choose lamps that diffuse the entire light spectrum, thus ensuring that plants always have the wavelengths they need at the right time. Partner of this choice will be higher consumption.
Frequently Asked Question
The smallest variety of watts needed to develop in a 2×4 foot develop tent is forty watts in step with the plant, even though the fine develop lighting fixtures use at least two hundred watts for the complete tent.
Two to a few vegetation will be in shape in a 2×4 develop tent. It can range relying on how huge the vegetation is allowed to develop.
Although an excessive amount of mild can obstruct plant growth, it is also a reasonably smooth hassle to fix. … Experts advise a hundred watts of mild for a 2 foot through 2 foot develop area, as much as 1,000 watts for an eight-foot through eight-foot area.
You can use any LED bulb to develop flowers if they’re emitting sufficiently mild. Plants frequently additionally search for the warm temperature to return from the mild supply and we realize LED bulbs do now no longer offer a good deal of that.
The solution to the query is no, it isn’t advocated to depart your develop mild 24 hours a day, due to the fact this can pressure plant life to develop quickly. It is good to hold a develop mild for approximately 12 to 18 hours. Too a whole lot mild in diverse increase levels can interrupt a weed plant’s herbal procedure of increase and dormancy.
This best 2×4 LED grow light list is depending on our opinion. You should concern about our suggestions. Let’s make your order to get the best LED to grow light on the market for your garden project. I hope this article will give you great information, thank you for your time.